New Images

Discussion in 'Black Hole General' started by skyline, Dec 10, 2013.

1. skyline

skyline PrismCube Newbie

Developer Version:
    Last Updated 12/10/2013
    V1.3.3
    12/10/2013
    - Fixed bugs on fan control when active standby
    - Modified media play buffering
    - Added Fast Scan in first installation menu
    - Resized GUI splash image
    - Updated German, Czech, and Slovak translation
    http://update.prismcube.com/firmware/Latest/update_ruby_DEV_1.3.3_20131210.zip

Stable Version:
    Last Updated 12/10/2013
    V1.2.2
    12/10/2013
    - Added Fast Scan in first installation menu
    - Resized GUI splash image
    - Updated German, Czech, and Slovak translation
    - Fixed bugs on fan control when standby mode
    http://update.prismcube.com/firmware/Stable/update_ruby_1.2.2_20131210.zip
    baykaya and ozkaradag like this.
  2. dusah

dusah PrismCube Newbie

3. Nouni

Nouni PrismCube Newbie

4. pat

pat PrismCube Newbie

great stuff thanks
  5. daryld

daryld PrismCube Newbie

i jus attempted to put on these new images both stable and dev and even tho they show the update screen the bit were u see the digits loading up doesnt show and it just shows update and then remove usb but on removing the usb no new image has been written to it and its still on the previous image any ideas
  6. pat

pat PrismCube Newbie

hi daryid the way i did it was to do a fresh install first before i updated the image then i flashed it the numbers came up and then i just loaded the ace skin on it this about the fastest and good gui. now i need to explain why i did the fresh install is it is a very big file and it may not fully load if there was not enough memory ok cheers daryid
    daryld likes this.
  7. Agnd

Agnd PrismCube Newbie

wait BH Photo
  8. Shiro

Shiro BH-C

Black Hole will not release 1.3.3 version because 1.3.3 original release is not stable (bug in scan channels and others)
  9. Agnd

Agnd PrismCube Newbie

BH could not fix?
  10. Agnd

Agnd PrismCube Newbie

friend arrived to test?
  11. pat

pat PrismCube Newbie

this is official developer version 1.2.2and the other one is b/h 1.3.3 which is a beta version
  12. daryld

daryld PrismCube Newbie

hi pat cheers for the reply could you tell me what image exactly you flashed back to 1st as i have tried both the stable 1.2.2 and also blackhole 1.3.2
  13. pat

pat PrismCube Newbie

1.2.2b/h 1.3.3 did not load the 1.2.2 is super and faster
  14. bgoldie

bgoldie PrismCube User

ozkaradag likes this.
  15. Agnd

Agnd PrismCube Newbie

16. daryld

daryld PrismCube Newbie

do these images yet implement hardware decoding as i know for android devices for example many of there devices never got hardware support xbmc just thinking this might be the case with the speed issues,

the difference in speed between a similar spec raspberry pi and our prismcubes atm is night and day and thats them running at 1080p our prismcube is only running at 720p for some reason and yet still its alot slower, i know drivers and optimizations are still being made but realistically will we see any huge speed improvements ahead ?
  17. pat

pat PrismCube Newbie

i have the ace skin on mine and and it is reasonably fast compared to the aeon 5 taking in to account it is a simple easy to use skin compared to high amount of graphics on the aeon 5. if the hardware where better it would be a real killer box i am very happy with it as i said i have a few vu+ boxes and i have not been on one since i got this pc box
    daryld likes this.
  18. daryld

daryld PrismCube Newbie

i came from a vu solo 2 you see which was a very quick box although as has been stated before this prismcube runs different architecture,

i honestly tho dnt see why this box cannot be quicker than it currently is, all the features are there and they work fine but being reduced to 720p when its advertised as a 1080p box and the fact there is cheaper boxes out there and less powerful boxes that are fit to run xbmc alot quicker, suggests to me its down to the software thats on the prismcube itself

and perhaps the software isnt using hardware decoding yet in xbmc which also crippled lots of android boxes, the prismcube is fantastic but if the focus now was turned to speeding up the interface it really would come into a league of its own.
  19. pat

pat PrismCube Newbie

it will get much much better when and if other developers take it on board there is an awful lot of work that goes into the images the people who give their time and devotion deserve no end of praise and thanks . that said i have all the vu+boxes and i remember when the solo/duo first came out it was a nightmare but in time as people took it on board they all became smooth machines . marusys are usually reliable and im sure that if demand for the prismcube is there they will act on it.a lot of boxes have come out over time some progress and some stay stagnant . personally im delighted with the prismcube it could be the future of sat
  20. bgoldie

bgoldie PrismCube User

Official 1.3.4 seems more stable than 1.3.3 to me with some brief testing, I had some channel bugs with 1.3.3.

@daryld, what do you mean by the above, do you mean the gui or 1080p video?