Joining Bits Shop

Should I buy a PrismCube Ruby ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat (English Only)' started by Cube Wick, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Cube Wick

Cube Wick PrismCube Newbie

Hi All,

I currently have a DM800se which I am fairly happy with, however, there are several addons/extensions that I would like to have on the XBMC/KODI platform and unfortunately I found that, even though I have KODI installed, Enigma2 just falls over when I try to use certain addons in this format.

I have looked several times a Pismcube Ruby, in the first place because it has twin tuners, and it does look like the kit I want, I am just a bit worried by the somewhat critical comments I have read on this website.

Essentially I would like to ask anyone with experience of this receiver if it works ok in the key areas of; reception (satellite signal), playback smoothness, IPTV streaming (including HD), display and audio quality (including audio/video synchronisation).

Best regards
    Colin
  2. schnuffy1de

schnuffy1de PrismCube Newbie

hi

i only use 19,2 astra --> it is ok
    playback from hdd und and NAS ok (30gb mkv) --> some People have porblems from playing from NAS. i think vc1 cant Play
    Display Quality is very good (i find better than dreambox)

sometimes the ruby could be more power
    the remote control can work better
  3. Cube Wick

4. Cube Wick

Thanks schnuffy1de

I appreciate your comments although your remarks, along with other reviews, have convinced me NOT to buy the Prismcube Ruby. I am going to spend a little more money on a higher spec VU+ or Technomate model.

Regards
    Colin
  5. schnuffy1de

schnuffy1de PrismCube Newbie

Hi
    Or you can wait for next gen prismcube
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  6. t2009

t2009 PrismCube Newbie

GET THE VU!!!!!